Is your New Product Introduction (NPI) proces running smoothly? Or are you constantly fire-fighting?
- Increased warranty costs?
- Product recalls?
- Increased rework cost?
- Engineering department delivering drawings too late?
- Capacity problems when hundreds of parts need to be approved in a few weeks?
- Undocumented deviations from specifications? Mixed-up drawings?
- Purchasing selecting unapproved suppliers weeks before serial production starts?
- Lacking transparency: too many different ERP systems globally? Too many projects?
You need the Global Part Approval Process (GPAP) module to integrate the New Product Introduction processes
We can help you smooth out the New Product Introduction Process and allow you to monitor the progress across multiple sites and projects.
Features of the system
- Part profile with contacts from R&D, QM, SQE/SQD, Procurement
- Shortlisted and selected suppliers with target costing
- Technical reviews on part level
- Support for Part + Suffix + Drawing # for constantly evolving parts
- Go/No-go process to avoid creating a duplicate
- Auto-enrichment with commodity based on supplier lead commodities
- Auto-assignment of responsible persons
- Rules based on Business Unit, Project, Supplier – either fixed persons or supplier contacts
- Detailed Reports
- Upload purchase orders (Prototype/OTS/Series)
- Match POs to PPAPs and create PPAPs based on POs